Web Clipper Feature

Hi all! Is a web clipper feature something on the roadmap so that articles saved can be accessed within the Memex dashboard instead of having to be redirected to the original source? What I have in mind is what Evernote’s web clipper does but being able to use Memex to do it instead.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thanks!
Jonathan

I think the extension SingleFile is worth to check out. It can really save a faithful copy of an entire web page in a single HTML file.

1 Like

I doubt this would be built into the application. This isn’t a trivial option, and it could be (and is, elsewhere) an ambitious project all by itself. The developers could probably build something which would be “good enough” for most, but I imagine it’s something which would generate a lot of support requests all by itself. There are other tools you can use this for.

Personally, I prefer that my annotations and links are tied to the actual page. I feel the original context is important and there’s a lot of subtle things which get lost when you annotate a local copy of the page.

If you’re worried about the page going offline in the future, then you could save it to archive.org with a browser extension.