Why is sync so unreliable with memex go app on ios

To get your bug fixed faster please try to answer the following questions:

Which browser, operating system and versions of those are you using?

Windows Home (latest)
Firefox (latest)

Which version of Memex are you running?

Latest

What are the steps you took that lead to the bug?

I created new spaces and highlights on my browser using the Memex firefox extension. I then reopen my Memex GO app on IOS but the new spaces are not there and neither are my highlights. I even logout from my account on Memex Go and enter again but the problem persist.

This is so frustrating.

Hey there!

So we have a couple of UX issues we are aware of and are fixed soon so I wanna make sure that they are not the root issue, and maybe something bigger is not working.

1. when opening the app it can take a bit for the sync to finish. Only when that is done a green pill appears on the top right to ā€œreload the resultā€. This even sometimes can take a couple of rounds. Itā€™s very annoying and is very high up on our list to fix. Could it be that it just hasnā€™t fully loaded everything yet?
  2. If you are a user who has Memexā€™ app installed for more than a year it may happen that the spaces are not shown in the list but searchable. Can you find them when you search them?

Other than that is nothing appearing or only a few things, or just not the latest stuff always?

Sorry for the troubles. We are right now in full focus to polish those things so appreciating a lot that you took the time to report it.

Have a good weekend
Oliver

Thank you for replying so quickly!

Well, itā€™s working fine now.

I was already in the latest version but still decided to delete the iOS app and installed it again, then for the first time I saw a new progress window. Once it finished I did further tests and everything works normally now except for that error with Spaces not appearing until you search for them (only the first 4 Spaces appear but for any new Space you have to make a search to find it). Also in the iOS app, selecting a Space doesnā€™t show its highlights (as if the Space you selected is empty but it isnā€™t).

Other than that this is in incredible project and Iā€™m so grateful for it to exists.

Thanks!

No issues with sync since I last wrote this post. Iā€™m loving Memex. Thank you so much.