Upgrade Problems

Terms of Service page missing

Recaptcha verification failed

trying to sync with newly installed Memex go.

It was probably because I started upgrading, when in truth I already had already a yearly subscription. Automatic backup did not work in this browser. But it may be because I never logged into my memex account.

After a couple of trials I got it connecting and started syncing.

It did get up to

It did fail afterwards

Most likely storage problem on my android
Deleted google docs
But the app should really use SD Card storage

Third time trying

Restarted a couple of times by removing the failed synced device, reinstalled Memex Go etc
It seems to fly through stage one real quick but then in stage 2 gives

We are currently investigating some of these initial sync, so thanks for reporting this one.

On the captcha failure I think it may be because your Brave browser blocked a script.

Could you verify that?

Restarted a couple of times by removing the failed synced device, reinstalled Memex Go

Yeah we have some issues still if people try to reinstall the app and then try to sync again, because some old sync data is there.
I deleted your data store so maybe you can try again now.

To be transparent of how far your privacy reaches here:
We can identify your storage bucket with your email address, but we don’t know whats inside.

I’ll pass this on to our devs so we can fix this up asap.
Thanks again.

After freeing up space the first phase completed

I deleted your data store so maybe you can try again now.

I’ll do that.
Am I right in thinking that it costs you storage and bandwidth cost to allow people to sync? I guess it must be an initial not really scalable solution.
I was disappointed to see only about 100 downloads on Google Play, Once people start interoperating via StoreXHub that would give Memex greater visibility I hope.
I’ll be working towards it as https://twitter.com/TrailMarks

I did use the Share feature on Android. It is great. I could not get Sharing highlighted text to work with WebShare Target Api in a PWA.

Looks like I can only see collections on Mobile

It seems the page I shared shows up but I have two saved from Mobile collections, and I try syncing and the new pages do not show up