Sync not starting on Android app

Hi!

I have the sync up and running between my two laptops, but I cannot get syncing to start on my phone (Android, I can’t find the app version number).

When I first opened the app after 3+ device sync was released, I got straight to the screen for starting syncing. I tried starting the sync, probably prematurely as the sync was not yet complete in my PC browser, and got some error message (which I, unfortunately, didn’t keep) with the suggestion to close the app and try again. After fiddling around a bit, I found that the option to start syncing is now under Tutorial. I press “Start sync” and get to a screen saying “Login from you extensions. Before you can see all your data, you need to complete tye sync from your Memex browser extension”. I press “Contiune” and then nothing happens.

How should I proceed?

That, theoretically, shouldn’t matter. Your app will just take longer later to pull everything else in.

Before you can see all your data, you need to complete tye sync from your Memex browser extension”. I press “Contiune” and then nothing happens.

What do you see on the dashboard of the app? And what happens if you add new stuff on the android app? Is it synced to the extension?

Hi Oliver and thanks for your quick reply!

The dashboard on the android app, with the All Saved view, shows things I’ve captured on the phone. This, combined with no indication of sync progress, led me to believe no syncing was taking place. I hadn’t checked if stuff captured on the phone is synced to desktop. But I checked now, and phone-captures sync immediately to desktop :slight_smile: So stuff is definitely going on in the background and I guess it just takes time to get everything from desktop over to the phone. I’ll be patient :smiley:

1 Like