Re: Sync on Brave Browser - no QR code appears

To get your bug fixed faster please try to answer the following questions:

1. Which browser, operating system and versions of those are you using?
    Brave 1.9.80 / Mac OS 10.15.4
  2. What are the steps you took that lead to the bug?
    Iā€™m trying to connect my iPhone to my Mac so my data can sync. The OS is not producing a QR code for me to scan. On launch, it just sits and keeps loading and loading. Iā€™ve shut down and relaunched both devices and still no QR code?

Hey @erlank

We are aware of a bug that we still need to fix. Happening to people that have a failed attempt of syncing or have ad blockers enabled.

Essentially what you can try:
Go to brave://extensions > enable developer mode > memex > background page > application > local storage.

there you see an entry like this. Delete it, reload the tab with the qr code and start over.
Then it should work. Let me know if it doesnt.

hi there,
thank you - I deleted memex and started from scratch. this time I synced the phone and mac before i indexed my history and it worked. I got the QR code and the devices are linked. now it shows that there are 2 paired devices, my iOS device and my Brave Browser. When I try to sync the iPhone with the Mac the app on the iPhone, has a blue Sync Now button. I press the button and blue dots start to scroll for a second or two, then it stops and no synching is happeningā€¦? any thoughts on how to address thisā€¦? thanx stax

Hey @erlank

sorry for the continued troubles!
When you say ā€œno synching happeningā€, how do you determine the sync not having worked?
Do updates not appear on your apps or extensions dashboards?