How to move unsynced data if you can't get into Chrome.

Greetings. I am asking for help. Due to health and family problems I neglected and did not backup my Memex data. But Google Chrome got corrupted, it doesn’t work, I have tried everything and found no way to fix it, it opens momentarily in other accounts and closes and in the main one it doesn’t open. But I know that Memex data is there, somewhere in App Data, along with data from other extensions, but I don’t know where. I want to move that data to Google Chrome Canary where I already have the other stuff. What can I do?

Hey!

Happy to jump on a call and do this together. It’s going to be a bit more complicated but possible.

Thank you very much. You read this in English, but I write it in Spanish and use an online translator to put it in English. Unfortunately I do not speak or understand spoken English. If there is any documentation or other alternative I would appreciate it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am not sure which operating system you are using.
Dependent on that there is a folder in your chrome data that contains all the databases. If you migrate that one to a new location and then back into a new chrome installation it works.
Did that before.

Bit complicated to write out but if we jump on a call I can do that for you (i can control the screen in zoom). We don’t have to talk that much :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. Great idea. I have just applied it. And the result is positive.

I went to my Windows username \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\ and copied the User Data folder to a portable version of Google Chrome: GoogleChromePortable64\Data and inside this folder I replaced the contents of the profile folder with the User Data folder. Successful result: I found everything I had in Memex.

Now, the first thing I have done is to use Memex Backup Helper to backup the information.

However, I don’t know what the backup is for if the restore option has been removed.

I reiterate my thanks to you.

1 Like