Dark mode UI (for night owls)

Hey there,
I really like this app & thinking of moving all my bookmarks & everything there…
But I would really appreciate a dark mode :pleading_face:
Everything is in dark mode on my devices… and sadly not even Midnight Lizard can color the app since it is an add-in page.

+1

I would also appreciate a dark mode. It is even so important for me (and I think for many other “power users”) that I have been looking for alternatives that offer a dark mode. But obviously, there are no real alternatives haha

Dev’s, please hear our prayers

3 Likes

I find it hard to believe this is still not a feature, the most basic apps and extensions have a dark mode. I really like memex alot, but honestly might not be able to use it because it’s blinding for me.

I use dark reader extension. Whenever I open memex, I prepare to be blinded.

2 Likes

Go to edge://flags/#enable-force-dark (or its equivalent on a chromium flavored browser) and set force dark mode to enabled with simple HSL based inversion.

Does that help?

2 Likes

This is epic. Didn’t know about this.
Thanks @heuristicmed!

1 Like

+1. Can’t flag them on Firefox as with Chrome nor rely on dark theme extensions because the browser prohibits extensions from affecting its built-in pages.

1 Like

Hello,

I was a bit surprised, looking at Memex options, to still not be able to find a dark theme : is this something that is being actively investigated ? Are there particular technical difficulties ?

Thank you !

1 Like

Hello,

Has there been some acknowledgment of this feature request ? The current 100% white theme is really aggressive for the eyes. It would be great that Memex gets a black theme, as it is becoming the norm now. Even this forum has a native dark theme ^^

Thanks !

1 Like

Bumping this thread for dark mode! Please we need this :pray: :pray:. I know there is the chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark trick, but it does it for every website in the browser which quickly becomes a problem on some websites.

Good news! We started with the Dark Mode.
It’s live already for the web interface where experimenting with it was a bit easier.

Moving now into the extension. But for now we are going to do the dark mode by default bc a switch is a bit trickier to implement.

See here: Memex Social

Summary

Enough said…

night-mode

i live in dark mode. PLEASE!

3 Likes

+1 . Dark Mode is Needed.

1 Like

We’re currently working on a complete refactoring of our dashboard. One of the reasons is that we want to make improvements like that easier. So yeah. Will come :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It has been two years now. Still no update on the dark mode / night mode feature. This is extremely frustrating. Can’t believe I paid for this app and I never get to use it because of its blinding white light.

1 Like

+1 for dark mode with some basic themes

I’ve created a custom Stylus for Memex in the dark modes: Memex highlights for dark mode — UserStyles.world

It’s coming!

Excellent! Can’t wait!