Backup & login failures

attempting to set backup on desktop; did not download Mac Backup app; then failed login (mismatched email & password & did not accept username); reset password; still can’t login; don’t dare logout of iPhone app!

Sorry for the late reply. Is everything ok now?
If not happy to jump on a call to do some bug hunting together: Calendly - Oliver Sauter

Still not getting to log in on iOS using the same data from Mac 10.14.6, and since it does not sync with the desktop app, I’m not able to access that data. (The Desktop app, however, seems to be a true marvel, for which I am very grateful.)

To be more specific: the iOS apps (iPhone & iPad) won’t let me log back in with the same info as used on the desktop (Mojave10.14.6), where I mostly use a Mozilla-based browser. The desktop asks for a user-name & password, but the iOS apps ask for an email & p/W—however, no email works, and the apps don’t do anything at all when I request a password reset. It’s as if the iOS apps don’t recognize any account exists once I have logged out, despite having entered data already (mostly on iPad)…
(At the moment, I am in the middle of “migrating” the data on the desktop.)