Sync between multiple computers / browsers

+1 on this one. I’m using different browsers for work and personal stuff to isolate browsing data, sessions, etc, but do want to share bookmarks among them. Seriously this is the only thing that stops me from fully relying on Memex, and would very happily become a customer should this be implemented.

2 Likes

+1 for this one. so important

1 Like

And another +1. It’s actually the reason I don’t use annotations or bookmarks at all, because I need to work on multiple computers, and I know that if I put in the work, it will be for nothing once I switch machines.
I actually entered the trial thinking that this was the sync feature being advertised, only to be disappointed - I’d also gladly become a paying subscriber if this feature was to be implemented.
Thanks!

1 Like

Is this functionality available now? I notice it is mentioned on getmemex.com but when I look at settings for the extension I’m only seeing syncing between computer and mobile not between multiple computers?

@BlackForestBoi - Not sure why I didn’t see your q before. I have four computers I’d want to sync currently - plus my smartphone.

Is this functionality available now? it’s critical!

Very!

We’re working on it as we speak. Biggest priority.

We’ve also just released a research report detailing what we’ll optimise Memex for in the coming months based off the user research we did.

We have the first prototype running for the multi-device sync :heart_eyes:
Watch Video

Today we got the first prototype of multi-device sync in Memex running!

Very excited!https://t.co/tZfg06eS6c

— Oliver Sauter (@BlackForestBoi) June 22, 2021
1 Like

Look like easier to create core (at less DB) that installed on PC will be faster and easier to handle instead of using extension that taking hours just for restore and avoiding of removing data caused by browser.
or an optional for user to link his data outside of extension db.